– Advertisement –
Over time, your App Store history can become cluttered with apps that you previously downloaded on your iPhone. Whether you want to protect your privacy, free up storage space, or simply declutter your account, this guide will walk you through the steps to delete your App Store download history effectively.
– Advertisement –
Does the App Store Keep History?
Yes, the App Store keeps history. To download an app on your iPhone, you will have to have signed in to the App Store with your Apple ID account. Each app that you download using a particular App Store account, will be kept in the purchased category even when you delete it from your app menu.
READ ALSO: How to Rate an App in the Apple App Store
Delete App Store History
1. Open the AppStore on your iPhone and sign in with the Apple ID account.
2. Click on the profile icon in the top right corner of the screen to view your App Store account settings.
3. Select the Purchased option just below your name.
4. All apps that you have downloaded using the particular Apple ID will appear under the Purchased menu under either the “All” or “Not on this device” tabs. The “All” tab, shows apps downloaded using the current device, and the “Not on this device” tab will show apps that were on any previous Apple device with your Apple ID.
Apps that are still currently on your Apple device will have the “Open” button next to them. However, if you have previously used an app and then deleted it, the app will still be displayed and will feature a cloud download button so you can download the app again.
5. To delete App history, long press on an app option until you see a pop-up menu. From the pop-up menu, select the Hide option, and the app history will be deleted immediately. Go ahead and do this for each app history.