– Advertisement –
Just like your Android smartphone, the Android TV helps you download apps from the Play Store. However, as you explore the extensive library of apps, you may find yourself in need of some spring cleaning. This guide will walk you through the process of deleting apps on your Android TV, ensuring that you have the space for new ones and a more organized home screen.
– Advertisement –
Why Delete Apps on Your Android TV?
Removing apps from your Android TV can serve several purposes:
- Free up storage space: Apps consume storage space, and by deleting unused or unnecessary ones, you can create more room for new apps or content.
- Organize your home screen: A cluttered home screen can be overwhelming. Deleting apps you no longer use can help you better organize your Android TV experience.
- Improve system performance: Reducing the number of apps running in the background can enhance the overall performance of your Android TV.
READ ALSO: How to Enable & Set up Parental Control on Android TV
Let’s dive into the step-by-step process of deleting apps on your Android TV:
Delete Apps on your Android TV
1. Power on your Smart TV and head over to the home screen
2. On the home screen select the Settings app (Gear icon). Alternatively, press the settings button on your TV remote.
3. Select the Apps option from the settings menu.
4. You will be able to see all the apps that are available on your Android TV- Both System and installed apps.
5. Select the app that you would like to delete and then choose Uninstall.
6. On the next menu, you will be prompted to confirm the deletion act, press OK to continue uninstalling the app and that will be done.
Remember you can always choose to re-install the deleted app at your convenience. Here is how; Download Apps on your Android TV
The method listed above works perfectly for all Android TVs like Samsung, LG, TCL, and Hisense.