– Advertisement –
Chances are, you’ve spent quite a bit of time curating your bookmarks in Microsoft Edge, creating a quick and convenient way to navigate your favorite websites. But what if, in a moment of distraction, you accidentally delete a crucial bookmark or, even worse, an entire folder of important links? Don’t panic; there’s a straightforward way to recover your deleted bookmarks, and we’ll walk you through it step by step.
– Advertisement –
Understanding the Basics
Microsoft Edge lacks an immediate option to recover a bookmark from the bookmarks bar when you delete it, unlike some other browsers such as Chrome. You won’t find an undo option if you accidentally remove a bookmark from the bar. The Favorites Manager centrally handles the recovery process instead.
READ ALSO: How to Bookmark a Web Page in Chrome
Steps to Recover Deleted Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge on your computer. Click on the Settings and More button, represented by three dots, located in the top right corner of the browser window. Alternatively, you can press Alt + F to open the menu.
- From the menu that appears, select Favorites.
- Within the Favorites menu, click on the three-dot menu button again. Select the Restore deleted favorites option. This will open a page displaying all your bookmarks.
- Locate the bookmark(s) you want to recover. Select the bookmark(s), and click the Restore button.
- To restore all the links in the newly recovered folder, reopen the “Restore deleted favorites” page and repeatedly restore the links until they are all recovered.
Tips for Effective Bookmark Management
- Import and Export Bookmarks: Edge allows you to import and export bookmarks, which can be beneficial if you need to recover deleted bookmarks or if you don’t sync bookmarks between Windows machines.
- Keyboard Shortcuts are Handy: The keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Z is not only effective in Microsoft Edge but also works for restoring deleted bookmarks in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Consider Bookmarks Beyond Browsing: You can import and export bookmarks not only in browsers like Edge but also in Google Chrome. Additionally, you can use bookmarks in applications like Microsoft Word to enhance document navigation.
While Microsoft Edge provides a reliable method for recovering deleted bookmarks, it’s essential to be mindful of the steps involved. Whether you’re importing and exporting bookmarks or using keyboard shortcuts, mastering these features ensures a seamless experience in managing and recovering your bookmarks effectively.