– Advertisement –
In the digital age, ensuring a secure online environment for teenagers is paramount. Instagram’s Parental Supervision feature provides a crucial tool for parents to actively oversee their teens’ social media activities. In this concise guide, we explore the straightforward steps to set up Instagram Parental Supervision, emphasizing its ease and effectiveness. From initiating the process to customizing restrictions, this guide empowers parents to strike the right balance between allowing digital autonomy and ensuring responsible social media use for their teens.
– Advertisement –
How Instagram’s Parental Supervision Works?
Instagram has an inbuilt Supervision feature that allows parents to supervise how their teens are using the app. Here is how the feature works;
- Both the parent and the teenager need to possess Instagram accounts.
- To establish parental supervision on Instagram, an understanding is required between you (the parent or guardian) and the teen. Parent sends invite and the teen accepts invite to be supervised.
- The teenager in question should fall between the ages of 13 and 17. However, once the teen reaches 18, the supervision will be automatically terminated.
- You can establish restrictions on when and for how long they can use Instagram.
- Additionally, you can observe the people your teen is connected with and those they’ve blocked.
- It’s possible to review and receive notifications if there are any changes to their settings.
- Either the parent or the teen has the option to end the supervision at any time.
How to Set up Instagram Parental Supervision
1. Start the Instagram app on your smartphone.
2. Navigate to the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Once you are on your profile, tap on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner.
4. Go for the Settings option followed by Supervision.
5. Tap on Get Started.
6. Select your teen’s profile from the contacts displayed and then tap Invite. However, go for the Share Link option if you and your teen aren’t following each other on Instagram.
You’re good to go. Your teenager must accept the invite or tap on the link as approval that they are comfortable with you overseeing their Instagram activity. Nevertheless, they retain the option to disregard the invitation, and there will be no alterations or parental control. This is an agreement where both sides must agree to use Instagram supervision. It lets teens keep some privacy while also building trust with their parents.