– Advertisement –
Signing out in Windows 11 involves logging out of the user account. This action may help users to safeguard personal information, prevent unauthorized access, or switch between accounts efficiently. There are various ways through which you can choose to signout of your Windows PC. In this guide we show you how to signout using the Start Menu, Alt =F4 Command and Ctrl + Alt + Delete shortcut.
– Advertisement –
Let us dive in!
The Start Menu in Windows 11 is a central hub for accessing various features, including the option to sign out. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Windows icon in the taskbar or press the “Windows” key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu.
- Look for your profile picture or username in the top left corner of the menu.
- Click on your profile picture or username to reveal a dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu, select the “Sign out” option.
This method provides a quick and straightforward way to sign out without navigating through multiple windows. Make sure that you have saved and closed all files before you proceed with signing out.
READ ALSO: How to Pin Apps and Folders to the Taskbar Windows 11
2. Signout with Alt+F4
This method which is commonly used for powering off or restarting the PC can also get the signing-out action done. To sign out;
- Press Alt + F4 simultaneously for the Shutdown Window dialog box to appear.
- Once it appears, navigate to the dropdown list choose the Signout option, and click ‘OK’ to confirm action.
3. Signout using the Ctrl +Alt + Delete Shortcut
Among the various shortcuts available, this particular method presents a straightforward sign-out process directly from the security screen within Windows.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons at once altogether.
- From the displayed screen select the Sign out option, and your user account will promptly undergo the sign-out procedure.