– Advertisement –
QR codes have become common in our digital landscape, serving as efficient tools for quick information retrieval and seamless interactions. While mobile devices commonly offer built-in QR code scanning capabilities, Windows users may wonder how to scan QR codes on their desktops or laptops. In this guide, we’ll delve into the various methods and tools available for scanning QR codes on Windows, providing step-by-step instructions for a hassle-free experience.
– Advertisement –
How to Scan QR Codes Using the Windows Camera App
This method is only likely to work if your PC is running on Windows 11 or Windows 10;
1. Go to the Camera app on your Windows PC.
2. Click on the Barcode icon displayed on the right side menu.
3. On the next menu, you will have to place the QR code in front of your PC camera for scanning.
4. Once scanning is complete, details of the QR code will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. Tap on that link to follow through with the information from the QR codes.
READ ALSO: How to Use WhatsApp QR Codes to Add Contacts
How to Scan QR Codes From an Image on Windows
The Camera option won’t be able to scan QR codes from already uploaded images. Therefore if you have an image on your computer already, this method will be helpful.
1. Open any web browser and head to the ScanQR website.
2. Scroll to the Scan QR code from the image section and click the Drag & Drop or Browse option.
3. Drag and drop or browse the image displaying the QR code from your computer.
4. After uploading the image, the website will scan it automatically and show the result in the Scanned Data box. Hereafter you can copy the result and paste it in your designated option.
Third-Party QR Code Scanner Applications
1. Explore the Microsoft Store for QR code scanner applications designed specifically for Windows e.g. Codex.
2. Download a reputable QR code scanning app with positive user reviews.
3. Install the application and follow the on-screen instructions for scanning QR codes.
That’s it. Those three methods listed above will help the work of scanning QR codes easier on your Windows PC.